It's been an amazing day. Solomon became "ours" forever today. and we became his. I feel like a much different person. I feel as if he is an embodiment of grace. I feel forgiven and blessed beyond anything i can imagine. sorry, i can't find the words to describe it. solomon is such a happy baby. there were hardly any tears today, at least on Solomon's part. when he fell asleep for his nap, ben and i both wept. i really can't tell you what a beautiful happiness we've shared today. solomon just smiled and played and laughed all day. he already looks at us with light in his eyes. we are already head over heals in love with him. we went swimming and he was so brave, reached for ben in the water twice and ben spun him around and he reached for me on the side. no tears. smiling and giggling and kicking the water with his feet. then we took a bath, which he was supposed to hate, but he was loving it, splashing the water and standing up and stomping the water and laughing his head off. he is a good eater and goes to bed with very few tears just a little rubbing on his back. he woke up twice from naps today to see our faces without crying. his smile and his laugh are, how do you say it, life-changing. i will write more tomorrow i hope. tomorrow at 8 am we gave our interview with the thai govt for "final approval." i'm sure it will be fine. also yesterday, monday, we visited the foster family. they are beautiful people who have loved Thanapat (Solomon) intensely and when we got there he lit up like a light bulb and ran to his foster sister (we hadn't seen him take a step yet at that point). she played can't catch me and he chased her and laughed. that was the first time we heard his belly laugh. we heard it alot today. wow. i'm posting one video of the foster family and one of today. love to all of you. thank you so much for all your encouragement. you were right, it's going to be allright, it's going to be absolutely amazing.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Oh, Jessica! I am so happy for you! I can't help but cry reading your beautiful entries. Congratulations on finally having your son! I can't wait to meet him when you get back. Have a safe rest of the trip
Jessie Cook
Jess, he has the most perfect laugh ever! This was a beautiful entry and I loved reading it. I'm so happy to hear what a wonderful time you are all having together!
Thanks for sharing. What a beautiful post and beautiful moments.
Thank you so much for the update. I've read all the blog posts and watched all the videos. Reading it all is one of the most emotional experiences I've had in awhile. I'm very happy for the two of you. You are great parents today. Enjoy, and stay mindful of your time there with Solomon. Texas will be here when you get back!
Love,
-luke
How absolutely amazing and wonderful!!! What a sweet boy and what a great laugh! I'm thrilled for you guys... : ) Enjoy soaking up the rest of this amazing experience while you're there!
Have to add that Timothy is looking at this with me and I said (after the laughing video) "Wow! That's a happy baby!" And now he keeps asking for "More Happy Baby, Mommy? More Happy Baby!!" : ) (It also makes me realize how much he's grown up in the year he's been with us... amazing!)
My heart is soaring, what wonderful words and true life experiences to read.
You've both got it and you've got it bad. The LOVE BUG has bitten you and your will never be the same.
Welcome to the amazing world of
PARENTING
I've made everyone in the office(including patients) listen to my grandson's laughter.Thanks for sharing your joy...I know your cup is overflowing!!!
A proud mother and prouder grandmother.
"Ummy xoxo
Joy, Dancing & Exuberant Praise!!! Answers to our prayers beyond what we imagined. Thank you so much for writing your heart's "speechless" words. We are so grateful for this initial bonding trust. We join your tears, your excitement, your hope, your healing -- all for His grace. Ben and Jess & Solomon, we love you, we miss you, we can't wait to see you. Mom and Dad
What a beautiful post and thank you for posting the belly laughter. I love that laugh! That belly laugh was one of the reasons we HAD to be parents one more time. I cannot wait!
Let the fun begin! Pools, baths, and belly laughs. It's all so amazing. What an incredible boy, what a wonderful family! Love to you all. J & L
jessica - your posts are leaving me full of joy! love to you!!! lucy
We are waiting and hoping all is well. We have a very big God. He is exalted over all the nations and above the heavens. He is enthroned on high. He stoops down to look on the heavens and the earth. He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap. He settles the barren couples in their homes as happy parents of children. We trut You, O Lord. You are our help and shield. Not to us, but to Your name be glory because of Your love and faithfulness. Favorite praises fr Ps 113-115.
Post a Comment